ZeroFOX seeks brilliant, motivated, innovative Senior Software Engineers who are experienced in optimizing and scaling SaaS software in the cloud to help our team continue to rapidly innovate and scale. Our software is scaling up by over 50% per quarter, and we need more great teammates to help us stay ahead of that growth while providing ever-greater value to our customers, with ever-higher quality and at ever-increasing speeds!
You’ll join a team of software engineers, data scientists, and security experts who are disrupting the cyber security industry and protecting organizations from social media risk. ZeroFOX engineers are at the forefront of one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world. We are interacting with social networks at an unprecedented scale, requiring us to overcome novel design challenges and architectural hurdles.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and is eager to not only design and build cutting edge products and technology, but also to coach engineers to reach their full potential. Furthermore, this person excels in agile environments and is able to help the architecture and team adapt to changing requirements without introducing a ton of technical debt.
- As part of an agile team, design, implement, test, and deliver to production high quality features (including automated tests), in order of priority as defined by the Product Owner.
- Help their team plan, commit, and deliver features on time and with high quality, sprint after sprint.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all of the team’s code and best practices, and coach members of the team on the above.
- Collaborate and communicate highly effectively (in English) across teams, both local and remote, both verbally and in written form.
- Proactively research new and better technologies and best practices to help the team accelerate sprint after sprint.
- Lead by example as well as take on more explicit leadership roles such as Tech Lead, Service Owner, and Guild Lead.
- Contribute to and help shape the culture of the ZeroFOX engineering department.
Qualifications (Ideal candidates should have most of these)
- Experience designing, maintaining, versioning sophisticated internal and external REST APIs.
- Experience designing, building, troubleshooting microservices in a message-driven architecture.
- Solid experience with Python, including Django.
- Solid understanding of databases, both RDBMS and noSQL.
- Clear, concise, thoughtful communication and presentation skills (in English) are a must have.
- Solid understanding of cloud-scale caching.
- Experience delivering software in a fast-paced Agile environment, collaborating with Product Owners and agile teams rather than just waiting to be given tasks to complete.
- Experience with Social Network APIs is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed team.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor or Masters (preferred) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building and releasing scalable software (typically obtained in 5+ years).
- Experience successfully building scalable, cloud-based, SaaS products (typically obtained in 2+ years).
DO YOU WANT TO LOVE WHERE YOU WORK?
- Amazing Product: ZeroFOX has created a paradigm-shifting cybersecurity product that has been recognized as leading the next generation of predictive cyber solutions.
- Bragging Rights: Named a Leader and Top-Ranked in Strategy for Digital Risk Monitoring in The Forrester Wave: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016
- Tight-Knit Team: ZeroFOX Engineering is a community – most describe our team as a group of talented, driven individuals who are incredibly committed to each other and the overall success of the team. All are encouraged to contribute their feedback and innovative ideas into our product, development practices, and operations.
- Get Things Done: Innovation is woven into the fabric of our organization. Every aspect of our operations is purposeful; enabling us to research, develop and innovate faster than the competition.
- Visit us at https://engineering.zerofox.com to find out more or to join the best team in the security industry.
- Or, email careers_at_zerofox_dot_com to speak with a member of the team!
ZeroFOX, the innovator of social media & digital security, protects modern organizations from dynamic security, brand and physical risks across social, mobile, web and collaboration platforms. Using targeted data collection and artificial intelligence-based analysis, ZeroFOX protects modern organizations from targeted phishing attacks, credential compromise, data exfiltration, brand hijacking, executive and location threats and more. Recognized as a Leader in Digital Risk Monitoring by Forrester, the patented ZeroFOX SaaS platform processes and protects millions of posts, messages and accounts daily across the social and digital landscape, spanning LinkedIn, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, HipChat, Instagram, Pastebin, YouTube, mobile app stores, the deep & dark web, domains and more.
Led by a team of information security and high-growth company veterans, ZeroFOX has raised nearly $100M in funding from NEA, Highland Capital, Silver Lake Waterman, Redline Capital and others, and has collected top industry awards such as Red Herring North America Top 100, the SINET16 Champion, Dark Reading’s Top Security Startups to Watch, Tech Council of Maryland’s Technology Company of the Year and the Security Tech Trailblazer of the Year.
**ZeroFOX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in e-Verify**