ZeroFOX seeks brilliant, motivated, innovative Senior Software Engineers who are experienced in building scalable SaaS software in the cloud to help our team continue to rapidly innovate and scale. Our software is scaling up by over 50% per quarter, and we need more phenomenal teammates to help us stay ahead of that growth while providing ever-greater value to our customers, with ever-higher quality!
You’ll join a team of software engineers, cybersecurity experts, and data scientists who are disrupting the cyber security industry and protecting organizations from social media risk. ZeroFOX engineers are at the forefront of one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world. We are interacting with social networks at an unprecedented scale, requiring us to overcome novel design challenges and architectural hurdles.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and is eager to not only design and build cutting edge products and technology, but also to coach engineers to reach their full potential. Furthermore, this person excels in agile environments and embraces the challenge of swiftly delivering value while improving system architecture and minimizing technical debt.
- Design, build, test, deliver, and maintain valuable production-ready features to customers!
- Actively seek the toughest assignments rather than waiting for tasks to be given to them.
- Help their team plan, commit, deliver, retrospect, and improve sprint after sprint.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all of the team’s code, systems, and tools.
- Lead by example and coach teammates to improve overall effectiveness and trust.
- Contribute to existing tech stack and actively research and advocate for new tools, technologies, and methodologies to evolve it over time.
- Can effectively collaborate and communicate across local and remote teams, both verbally and in written form.
- Solid experience with Python, including Django
- Solid understanding of databases (e.g. RDBMS, noSQL, key-value stores)
- Experience with Linux, Git, cloud development.
- Experience designing, maintaining, versioning internal and external REST APIs
- Experience with Agile, continuous improvement processes.
- Also desired is experience with any or all of the following:
- Designing, building, and scaling a distributed message-driven architecture
- Utilizing Social Network APIs
- Building software in the Go programming language
- Utilizing Hashicorp tooling
- Education / Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience iteratively building and releasing scalable software products (typically obtained in 5+ years).
DO YOU WANT TO LOVE WHERE YOU WORK?
- Amazing Product: ZeroFOX has created a paradigm-shifting cybersecurity product that has been recognized as leading the next generation of predictive cyber solutions.
- Bragging Rights:
- Tight-Knit Team: ZeroFOX Engineering is a community – most describe our team as a group of talented, driven individuals who are incredibly committed to each other and the overall success of the team. All are encouraged to contribute their feedback and innovative ideas into our product, development practices, and operations.
- Get Things Done: Innovation is woven into the fabric of our organization. Every aspect of our operations is purposeful; enabling us to research, develop and innovate faster than the competition.
- Benefits: In addition to competitive compensation, full-time employees can participate in our health insurance plans, retirement, and more. The free lunches four days a week are a personal favorite of the engineering department...
- Best Office in Downtown Baltimore (Federal Hill): Listed as one of the “Snazziest Offices in Baltimore”, the ZeroFOX Castle features a rooftop deck, open working spaces, a full kitchen, employee locker rooms and countless nooks to work from.
- Visit us at https://engineering.zerofox.com to find out more or to join the best team in the security industry.
- Or, email careers_at_zerofox_dot_com to speak with a member of the team!
ZeroFOX, the innovator of social media & digital security, protects modern organizations from dynamic security, brand and physical risks across social, mobile, web and collaboration platforms. Using targeted data collection and artificial intelligence-based analysis, ZeroFOX protects modern organizations from targeted phishing attacks, credential compromise, data exfiltration, brand hijacking, executive and location threats and more. Recognized as a Leader in Digital Risk Monitoring by Forrester, the patented ZeroFOX SaaS platform processes and protects millions of posts, messages and accounts daily across the social and digital landscape, spanning LinkedIn, Facebook, Slack, Twitter, HipChat, Instagram, Pastebin, YouTube, mobile app stores, the deep & dark web, domains and more.
Led by a team of information security and high-growth company veterans, ZeroFOX has raised nearly $100M in funding from NEA, Highland Capital, Silver Lake Waterman, Redline Capital and others, and has collected top industry awards such as Red Herring North America Top 100, the SINET16 Champion, Dark Reading’s Top Security Startups to Watch, Tech Council of Maryland’s Technology Company of the Year and the Security Tech Trailblazer of the Year.
**ZeroFOX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in e-Verify**